Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Moving Day

Today is the big day when I move to another office. Granted that proclamation sounds great and promising but I really don’t know what to expect from my new digs. I have heard that I will have to share a cubicle which seems preposterous considering I’ve never had much space in my cubicles to begin with since I’ve worked in this company. I don’t know how I’m going to fit another person into the small spaces they provide us with any way.

It’s been hard to get rid of a portion of my stuff here. I’ve accumulated lots of information in paper form because I like to have things on hand whenever I need them. This has proved to create a lot of stuff. I did get rid of some items but I can surely use more help in getting rid of work clutter. Perhaps if my new space is very small and shared, I’ll learn how to get rid of my belongings very quickly.

The best part of moving (and not sure if this is how many people feel when they are moving) is the sense of closure upon one stage of your life and the beginning of another stage. I have been sitting with my old group for the last 2 months and it’s been driving me batty. People still come up to me asking me questions about my former job. I’ve had to listen to certain loud and bothersome people driveling ad infinitum. It’s been hard to concentrate on my new job because they don’t know how to lower the volume of their retarded voices.

But as I said I don’t know if it will be any better in my new home but at least I can finally say that project and time in my life is over. Here’s to hoping that everything is better from now on.

1 comment:

M said...

Good luck!!! Moving is a nice way to close one chapter and open the next.