Friday, March 18, 2011

A Picture of Grace

As other people were collecting two of every animal last week during a period of heavy rain, I was busy showing the world how graceful I can be.

I was making my way to a work event in midtown. There are a lot of corporate buildings in midtown where the appearance of the building is far more important than the practicality of their usage. A lot of marble or granite sidewalks can be seen in this area. The same kinds of sidewalks that become very slippery when wet. (Don’t think that these companies thought about potential lawsuits when they built these buildings but that’s neither here nor there.)

I was walking at a decent pace and then somehow my heel took up more of the placement on the ground. I began to slide but I couldn’t save myself. The slip turned into a fall. But regardless of the fall, I made an attempt to brace the fall as best as I could. So I ended up landing in a half-split and one of my knees took the brunt of the fall.

What amazed me after I got myself up and shook off all the rain was how graceful my fall was. Yes, I’m still awkward and silly for falling but if you have to fall…my example was one to mimic.