Tuesday, March 9, 2010

In Sickness and In Health

When you are feeling under the weather, regardless of what you think you have, you should just stay home. Don’t be brave and go to work. No one will have pity for you. And if they do, they are retarded. I can’t feel pity for people who drag themselves to work when they feel sick. I just get annoyed with them because they are contagious.

What I find most perplexing about this behavior is that it’s usually the people who are germophobes, who drag their stinking, contaminated germs into work with them. The same people who won’t share food with others, who practically marinate in sanitizer, who run for the opposite coast if someone sneezes. Why would they think that other people would want to be surrounded by their germs when they themselves can’t stand them??

If you have stomach cramps, stay home. If you have a sniffle, stay home. If you have a sinus infection, stay home. I just don’t care…stay home if you aren’t feeling well! That’s what sick days are for! No matter how much Echinacea, vitamin D and C and how much water/tea I drink, the mere fact that you come into work exposes me like a nuclear meltdown. It’s really rude and inconsiderate (Does anyone else see a pattern to my blogs this week?) and since you are already incredibly selfish to come in, why not be even more selfish and just stay home?

No comments: