Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cat Scratch Fever

Most people know I am a dog lover. Most dogs are affectionate, playful and social and that’s how I think of myself. Some cats can be that way as well but I find that most of them are distant and aloof. What’s funny though is that for all the love I have of dogs, I often find myself making cat noises for various situations I encounter.

For instance, my friends and I make cat noises whenever we see or think someone is handsome. So, we’ll often say ‘Meow, MEOW!’ Back in my college days, a good friend and I referred to someone as “SuperMeow!” – he was just that good looking. And depending on how attractive someone is, the meow is in proportion to their attractiveness.

Another time I use the cat noise is when I am frustrated and want to seriously hurt someone. Hence I use it at work a lot with my colleague. We often use our cat senses to put together the most appropriate meow for the day. It sometimes sounds like a cat rescue at work with all the cat noises.

The funny part of all this is that I occasionally will make a meow for husband and he thinks it’s odd. He’s often asked me “Why do you make cat noises if you aren’t a cat person?” So, I tell him that dog noises just don’t work as well.

Mainly, what I’m saying is that the animal world can provide many outlets to vent frustrations and thoughts.

1 comment:

M said...

Hee hee. I never thought of that cat-dog issue. The cat noises just seem appropriate. The best dog imitations we could do would be wagging our tails--but wait, we don't have tails. I guess that's why the cat noises work. Too funny