Thursday, February 11, 2010

Slippery When Wet

We got a lot of snow yesterday and it’s really is just so beautiful when it falls. I absolutely love it and I think I’ve mentioned it in other blogs. That silent white blanket of purity is one of the most splendid things that I get to experience.

Central Park is mesmerizing during snow storms. Not only is it a visual portrait of tranquility but it is also a tribute to the sheer frivolity of youth and fun. Dogs are hopping all over the snow. Kids are sledding and giggling. Even adults have fun jumping over the piles of snow and listening to the snow crunch under their boots.

As much as all this is fantastic, we have to take precautions because the snow is very slippery. Or ‘slickery’ according to my husband, who says I don’t know English when I correct him.

So to all of you out there enjoying the snow, be careful. It’s slickery out there!

1 comment:

M said...

So true. I nearly slipped on a slickery path when I was walking to my car this weekend.