Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bold-Faced Liar

I really hate when people think they can pass a crappy story off on me. If you tell me something and things just don’t jive or make sense, I’m damn sure you are lying. So why keep telling me more crap and continue to dig yourself in an even deeper hole when you are pretty much caught? I mean, I’m not going to completely tell you that I know your story is full of poop. But I’m pretty certain that I give off the signs that I don’t believe your story.

It would save a lot of trouble if you just come clean. I’ll be less likely to get mad! Also when you lie to me, any trust I have for you just begins to disappear. It’s like the bottle of trust is slowly getting drained to the point where it’s all gone.

I’m not saying that I don’t lie. Heck no! I’d never admit that. I’m just saying that it’s much easier to just go with the truth. I completely understand that people lie sometimes because they are afraid of hurting a person’s feelings. Or, they don’t know what the reaction will be from the person to whom the lie is being told. But there is nothing that will hurt a person’s feelings more than being lied to and their knowing they are being lied to. It makes the person feel like the other person thinks they are a fool and it diminishes the trust. And I am almost certain that the reaction of being lied to is much worse than being told the truth. It’s definitely how I feel and try to act when it comes to being told the truth and being told a lie. I certainly know many people are not like me in this regard but if you are reading this, and you deal with me on a daily basis, it’s better to just go with the truth than to lie.

#1) I can smell a lie and it really pisses me off.
#2) I react much better to the truth than I do to a lie. In the long run, you save yourself a lot more with the truth than you do with a lie.

No comments: