Thursday, February 25, 2010

History Repeating

A friend of mine used to say that ‘history is just old news’. Even though I wanted to crack him in the head when he said this, he had a point. Yes, history is old news but it’s important to know what happened in the past to avoid disastrous events in the present and in the future. The most important part of the past is to analyze mistakes and events and try to learn from them so you can avoid them later on.

For instance, knowing some things about my past, I should have been better aware of the signs and symbols that came with that past so I could have avoided it for my present situation. Now, I’m not saying I totally messed up. Honestly not all the information was in front of me to avoid it but I had some good indications and I should have stuck with that. Regardless, there is no chance in heck that I’ll let the same mistake that happened down the Arlia line happen again.

It’s really important to put a barrier and super tank and a lot of other stuff in the way of some things from that past so they don’t happen again.

I’m certainly not saying you need to live in the past and never move forward. What I’m trying to get across is that you need to really reflect on the past and make the necessary changes so that those things don’t happen again. If you live in the past, then you can’t enjoy the present or even create a future.

Lots of people dwell in that great world of the past and the wonderful things they experienced then. But just staying in the past doesn’t help anyone because as you were living there in the past, the whole world was moving on around you. You have missed an awful lot of interesting stuff – technology, people, experiences that have taken place since you got stuck in the past. Almost every philosophy in the world says to live in the moment, even dogs and kids to it. The moment they are suggesting is the ‘now’ – not the past.

3 comments:

M said...

Hmm, this is a cryptic entry....

Angie said...

Why yes it is...but I think you might understand what I am trying to convey.

HAPPY said...

It's unfornate when the person who causes the disastrous events is the one who should be more aware of what their actions have caused. Maybe they should reflect and change something..especially when they "play" it over in their minds so much. Maybe it would be more mature to take responsibility for ones actions?