Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Banana Split


My daughter is quite talkative. She has an extensive vocabulary already, which I attribute to my obsession with storytelling. I enjoy our nightly routine of cuddling and reading books together and this has paved the way for her logophilia (word love).

There are a few words that she says that make me smile and a number that my husband enjoys (and they are not the same words, which is cool). And I think she has a favorite word. Can you guess which one it is?

My husband recently bought my daughter orange tulips and gave them to her. Her response: ‘Oh banana!’

While reading a book that depicts a half moon in the illustration, she yells out “Banana!”

While eating some of the yellow peeled fruits, she practices by saying “BAnaNA! BaNAna! Binana! Benana!” with a slightly full mouth. She then smiles to show me the BANANA mush in her mouth. 

She definitely has taken a gander to other words as well but the potassium rich fruit seems to be the prominent word spoken around my house with my daughter. It is clear she appreciates words, or maybe just that one word. Maybe the banana doesn’t fall too far from the tree?

1 comment:

M said...

SO CUTE!!! I love little kids discovering language.