Friday, October 21, 2011

Pub Songs

While we were driving around in Ireland, my husband decided we needed some music to accompany our travels. We walked into a gift store during one of our many stops and he bought a CD. He picked up a collection of Irish pub songs. I rolled my eyes at his purchase.

He placed the cd in the player in the car. I expected to hear some ‘Riverdance’ type music or a rendition of ‘Danny Boy’. But oh no!! It sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks dancing through Ireland. I was completely shocked. My husband and I agreed that he could keep playing the music as long as the volume was low. That proved harder than I thought but I enjoyed the scenery and just laughed when each song became more ridiculous than the other. Throughout this my husband kept driving and smiling.

I realized after a while that this was a collection of pub songs. I guess that’s what songs sound like when you are insanely drunk in Ireland.

1 comment:

M said...

Or maybe it's that even Alvin and the Chipmunks sound good after a few pints!