Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chirp, Chirp

As you can see I’ve been chronicling (to some extent) our recent visit to the island of shamrocks and Guinness! (I already mentioned the leprechauns in an earlier entry!) We saw a couple of my husband’s college buddies, some of whom I had never met. I had however heard lots about them so it was nice to finally put the face to the stories. One of his friends has 3 children so we spent some time with them too (more about them in future entries). All of it lovely, relaxing and fun.

My one complaint (aside from the small roads, thank you!) was that the grey, drizzly weather did something crazy to my hair. My hair is normally a bit disheveled in humidity. No matter how many products I have used, it’s hard to control certain koala hairs from sticking up. But in Ireland, a lot more of my hair was uncontrollable - more than the normal humidity levels in New York allow.

I would wet my hair; no luck. I would wear a hat; the minute I took it off, I was emulating Einstein’s coif. I kept expecting baby birds to poke out from the top of my head and chirp at me on a consistent basis.



The bird’s nest on my head was huge, after all. At times I thought small birds were the least of my concerns. I had to prepare myself for some ostriches to say hello.



I couldn’t put my finger on it. By the last few days, I gave up bothering. After all, it was a vacation. I didn’t need hair stress to subtract from it.

1 comment:

M said...

Laughing out loud at this hilarious comparison (and the quirky photos to illustrate it)!!