Friday, August 13, 2010

Patience is a Virtue

As a Taurus one of the main personality traits that is attributed to this sign is having patience. I see that in myself. There are moments when things that might drive someone else up a flagpole, just don’t seem to bother me. I can maintain a pretty calm head around a lot of people and I like that about myself.

However there are times when my patient nature falls into the sewer. And what’s funny is that this usually happens when I am around impatient people. I do love irony, don’t you know.

I deal with clients a lot and with people who are emotionally damaged (in many senses of this phrase) and these people are not very patient. Being around them drives me bonkers!! Excitability doesn’t register well with me.

So I find that I need to be patient more often with impatient people. I certainly don’t expect them to grow patient skin overnight. I have to realize that patience is very hard to find for many people.

I worry though that my long patient fuse will run out after a while and I’ll just become the bull in the china shop. If that happens, you’ll most certainly see it manifest here.

No comments: