Thursday, August 5, 2010

Little Things Mean a Lot

I wasn’t in the mood to go to work today. It’s been a really emotionally tough week and I just couldn’t handle another fire drill, fast paced for no reason day. But somehow I got out of bed and went to the gym as usual. Worked out, showered, dressed and made my way into the building. Of course my laptop insisted it didn’t want to load correctly so I had to reboot twice.

Finally things were settling in and I got the email that made my heart jump and made me realize that maybe there was a god. My boss wasn’t going to be in today. A bunch of the insane meetings we normally have on Thursday were cancelled and I could finally get some work done!!!

No interruptions from some people today. I could actually spend a week without explaining how numbers are reconciling to someone who should already know this! I could try to get a move on some of my work. I wanted to skip and jump into the air and clap my heels together! Hallelujah!!

This one little email raised my spirits beyond the heavens. Isn’t it amazing how life does that sometimes?

Enjoy the little things because they really do make difference. It’s often the only thing there is to be happy about.

No comments: