Friday, August 6, 2010

Best Buds

The Mexican and I recently had a visitor. I should really say that the Mexican had a visitor since I wasn’t that affected by this visitor. My husband’s best friend came to visit us for a few days. He and the Mexican had a good time acting stupid for a good 4 days.

They reminisced. They came up with new reasons to make fun of each other. They invented new things to laugh at. Overall, it was nice to see my husband be so happy and laughing so much.

It made me really think about why it’s so important to spend time with friends. You can tell them the best stuff that happens to you and the worst. And they stick by you.

I know I’ve had numerous interesting stories with some of my good friends. I can never forget the dinner at ‘Ay Chihuahua’ with my friend, Amanda, or the bicycle ride in Montreal with Marni or Marseilles with Rosa. These are moments that turn to concrete in my memory and I love them.

Even if I don’t understand a single thing that my husband and his friend talk about, I know it’s important for them to have this ‘stupid’ time together. They talked almost non-stop for 4 days; to the point where The Mexican lost his voice after his friend’s departure. It’s nice to see and feel that sense of happiness when friends are together.

No comments: