Monday, January 3, 2011

Young Love

Youth is wasted on the young in so many ways. They don’t understand how easy things are. It’s a rite of passage to go through the trials and tribulations of your 20s and early 30s, don’t get me wrong. You have to experience all of that to live a truly fulfilling life. I’ve realized as you get older though that those years of distance change you and make things a lot clearer. Of course hindsight is 100%.

With my cousins here, I’ve noticed things about them and their relationship that I wouldn’t deal with now-a-days that I probably did deal with when I was their age. My cousin is a little bit of a macho man. He thinks he’s pretty great and sometimes puts his girlfriend down. This annoys me to no end. I’ve even told him to stop treating her like that. But I doubt that will do much.

The girlfriend is a little younger than my cousin. She’s super sweet and very nice. She is so in love; she doesn’t see the insults as things that shouldn’t be tolerated. I can not be held accountable if I punch my cousin though. I just have to warn you.

But what it does make me feel overall is that I have to be more appreciative of my husband. He’s really very sweet to me and my being able to see that now is due to what I experienced in my 20s and 30s.

No comments: