Monday, January 3, 2011

House Guests

My cousins have come to visit me from Italy. We are actually hosting my cousin and his girlfriend at the moment. It seems like the next month will bring lots of visitors but at this stage, it’s the young couple.

They arrived to spend the New Year with us. New Year’s Eve was nice. My husband and I cooked dinner; the Mexican made turkey and I made soup and sides. It was a lovely meal.

Sadly because I am no longer young, I had to take a two hour nap to even make it to the New Year’s countdown. I’m pathetic but these things happen. As we rang in the New Year with my parents, my sister, our dogs and the cousins, it was nice to have a big gathering of people with whom to celebrate the New Year. It’s been fun watching them take pictures of and to see their excitement for all the tourist sites. It’s stuff I so often take for granted.

We are expecting a couple more house guests this month. My husband’s best friend will arrive for a short jaunt and later this month; my father-in-law will come for a visit. It’s going to be an interesting beginning to the New Year with all the friends and family visiting.

No comments: