Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fashionable

I am definitely not a fashionista. I like to look at different clothes and designers but I don’t try to wear anything that people would say is trend setting. I just can’t be bothered with things that aren’t comfortable.

Lately though, I think I am crossing the line and becoming trendy. It’s hard not to think about fashion in Mexico City, where all the women get decked out in their finest and wear all the makeup imaginable to go to the grocery store.

My crossing over happens at night. Just as I am getting tired, I change into my flannel pajama bottoms and tuck them into wool socks. I then put on a long-sleeve tee shirt and a long sleeve hooded running shirt on top of that. As the night gets colder, I’ll put on a velour zip-up sweater and take to the excitement – reading in bed or watching tv.

Indoor heating is a hard to find and pricey so you have to do your best to keep warm at night. The only thing I am missing from my super sexy outfit is a bunch of hair rollers. Give me a few days though and I should be able to complete the ensemble.

No comments: