Monday, April 30, 2012

Mac and Cheese

My dog Foxy has a couple of interesting hobbies. One of which is to collect spare change from our pockets or that fall on the floor. She brings them to her secret hiding place under the bed. We call this place ‘Foxy’s Hut’. (My other dog has her own hut too but that’s neither there, nor here to this story). We first became aware of this hobby and hiding spot when my husband went to vacuum. He saw a stash of coins piled up and wondered how they got there. Luckily Foxy’s guilty face explained the mystery very quickly – no clue searching for him. My husband, being the creative person that he is, decided to collect that money and use it towards my birthday present on behalf of the girls. When he counted the money, it didn’t amount to much. But it was enough to buy a box of Kraft Mac ‘n Cheese. So when my birthday approached, I was greeted in bed by the dogs and my husband. There was a card, a gift from my husband and a box of Mac ‘n Cheese. I was perplexed by the cheesy pasta. My husband then explained what had happened. The story alone made me laugh at the moment and every time I reflected on it. Other years the girls (really Foxy) had saved up more to get me other gifts. But this year, I was pleasantly surprised by another box of Birthday Mac ‘n Cheese. According to the daddy, it had been a hard economic year so he had to lend the girls some money to buy their gift this year. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how much is spent on a birthday gift, it really is the thought behind it.

1 comment:

M said...

Ha ha so cute!