Tuesday, January 10, 2012

French Friends

Today I was pleasantly surprised by a couple of things I got in the mail. The first of which was an email telling me that I should be expecting something in the mail. This email led to a volley of other emails to catch up with a friend.

The second surprise was in fact the thing in the mail that I was supposed to be expecting. It was a Christmas gift – one that I was not expecting at all. And also not one I was expecting the actual day to which it was made reference. When I opened the gift, I giggled because it was a joke between me and my friend. He and I always talk about how we should change cities since we love the other’s respective city more than our own. The book was a comparison between New York and Paris. It made my day.

I was already very happy with these surprises when I checked the mail. Lo and behold I got a card from another friend. She announced in her card that she will be visiting this year. So many nice surprises in one day! Whenever I hear from my French friends I feel like jumping on a plane and spending time with them. They have a special place in my heart. I am grateful to have them in my life.

Pour monsieur Prout et Already

No comments: