Friday, January 6, 2012

Are You Gonna Go My Way?

Lenny Kravitz’s song “Are You Gonna Go My Way?” is one of my favorite songs of all time. The guitar riff and the snazzy drum solo mid-way through give me goose bumps. Whenever I hear the song I just feel like either dancing or picking up a tennis racket and playing air guitar.

The song came to mind yesterday as I was walking to work. One the way to the office building I saw a number of dog owners walking their pups. However I wondered who was really walking whom. Of the 5 pairs that I saw, each of the pups in the couple decided it was not going to walk in the direction that its owner deemed appropriate. Most of them just pulled from their end – a leash tug-of-war if you will – and refused to oblige. 2 doggies decided to just sit down and stare their masters down.

This rascally rebellion wrecked havoc on the masters Thursday schedule I could tell. A few of them sighed exasperatedly and begged their dog to ‘come’. To which the dogs just blinked and continued their intense starefest. A number of the other owners chuckled at their pooches and just waited. They loosened their grips on their leashes in hopes of getting their dogs to comply. In some instances it worked.

Seeing all this activity and the pleading, you can see why the song popped into my mind. It was a humorous video for the song title. I could have watched this for longer but I had to get to work and prepare for a meeting.

Perhaps the next time I see this type of insurgence, I’ll either kindly ask the dogs “Are You Gonna Go My Way?” Or I’ll just put the song on my ipod and I’ll laugh.

1 comment:

M said...

Hee hee, what a funny scene, with the dogs just staring up at their masters as if to dare them.