Friday, January 6, 2012

Communicating Doors

I recently moved back to my old office building after a temporary relocation. Our floor was redone to create more offices. It looks a bit newer than it did before but honestly, I don’t know why there was a change at all.

People I have never seen before have been residing at this work location. I am guessing they were sitting somewhere else before or they are completely new to the company. One of these new people has an office – not entirely sure why but that isn’t pertinent to the story.

Yesterday for some reason that is completely behind my comprehension, she got locked into her own office. She was not able to turn the knob and exit her office. A couple of people tried to help but it didn’t seem to work. I don’t know how she got out actually.

This morning however, she was back – as was a maintenance worker who was drilling at her door. I guess that whatever he did with the drill didn’t work. A few moments later, I saw a door walking across the floor as if it had legs.

I then got up to go to the bathroom and I noticed a sign on a door (which is where the door must have walked to) saying “Please do not close this door”. So I am guessing it was not the lock that was the problem but the door.

Regardless, what I thought was going to be a boring day ended up being surreal and disturbing.

Happy Friday!

No comments: