Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sing Along

My last entry, which was also music related, made me think about the great feeling of singing along with a song. One of my favorite things is when I’m driving in the car or some place that’s playing music (shopping at a mall) and an old favorite pipes through the system. The minute I hear it I immediately stop what I’m doing and start singing.

I adore music. So much so that one of my friends calls me a jukebox because I know the words to an awful lot of songs – old and new. Many of my great memories include music. A number of times in the past, I remember being in a grocery store with a friend and we would dance and sing as we walked down the aisles checking off items on our grocery list. Another friend and I associate some of our vacations with specific songs and whenever we both hear songs from those vacations, we become nostalgic.

The other day at work I was listening to my ipod and I had it on shuffle. All of a sudden a fantastic old song came on and I had to stop what I was doing to just sing along with it. I was stressed before that song came on but after I sang, I felt a thousand times better.

When the studies say that music can put you in a good mood, I have to agree.

No comments: