Thursday, June 2, 2011

The King's Speech

Today my dad informed me that he was going to kill my dogs because he didn’t know what to do with them. Now, I know this is shocking but this is how my dad is with my dogs. He loves them to bits. Yet because we do not express direct emotion in my family, killing is really code for “I love them so much.”

I retorted to my dad’s commandment by saying “Give me a break! You love the dogs more than you love me.”

And he said ‘Oh no…you are my kid! They are just dogs.”

“But you know with dogs, it’s easier to let them get away with murder.”

“One of the Kings of Italy, I don’t know who, made a speech where he said that ‘if you hit your wife, she will go away; But if you hit your dog, two minutes later they will come looking for you’. Dogs are the most loyal creatures ever.”

To which I replied “That’s my point, Pop! You like the dogs better.”

His response to my comment was that I was full of something that rhymes with soup. Can you feel the love?

No comments: