Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Diva(s)

One of my neighbors is a trained opera soprano. Occasionally I hear her practicing her octave scales during the day. I think it’s fascinating because I know I can never hit those ranges. I’m a little envious but I get over it pretty quickly.

Recently I noticed that when she’s practicing it sounds like someone is crying along side her. As if a sobbing baby is doing a duet with her. When I asked my husband if he noticed that, he informed me that my neighbor has a very special singing partner. My neighbor has a little shih tzu that is quite barky. Apparently the little dog decided to take a step in its master’s footsteps and has been practicing along side her every day. She might be performing at Lincoln Center sometime soon so I should probably get my tickets soon.

No comments: