Friday, December 23, 2011

The Best Christmas Presents

December has always had a special place in my heart. I tend to love the cold, especially that first snow fall (and if it happens close to the 25th what an added bonus that is). The brisk weather invigorates me and I enjoy wearing all my cozy sweaters. Hot chocolate is the drink of choice and a nice cup of tea can make a great book seem more enjoyable. Of course Christmas is always a great occasion even if my family isn’t always that thrilled with its arrival.

Two of the best things in my life came to me in December. The first was my little (but older dog) Bonnette. She arrived in my apartment on December 1st. She had a lovely red bow tied around her neck and she was just the cuddliest thing ever. Her tiny paws and big eyes won me over from the first moment. She was an early Christmas present that year. She’s since been a great addition to my immediate and extended family (c.f. any of the entries about her), bringing her spunky and loveable attitude with her everywhere.

The other gift that came in December was my dog Foxy. We fostered her a number of years ago after I spotted her after Thanksgiving. But the official adoption date is in December. So, now you can see why December is an important time of the year for me. It’s because I got two of the best Christmas presents ever in this sweet month.

1 comment:

M said...

Awwww!

Love the trio of blog posts! Interesting thoughts on what makes a good villain (what do you make of Hannibal Lecter?). Goes back to those archetypal stories and even Greek myths.

Have a very Merry Christmas!