Monday, December 12, 2011

Bedside Manner

Being sick can be horrible. You feel weak, sniffly or achy. The best recovery is usually time. However, sometimes there is nothing better than a cuddly creature to make you feel better.

I wasn’t feeling very well this past weekend so I decided to spend most of the time in bed. I caught up on some television shows and some sleep. The best part of it though was just petting my dogs. They could sense that I wasn’t feeling well from the moment I walked in from work on Friday. So they followed me around and whenever I sat on the couch, they came by to keep me warm.

When it was time to get a couple winks in, they helped with that too. One of them kept my feet warm while the other cuddled into my side. I got a few hours of sleep and felt refreshed and on my way to recovery.

If only doctors could find a way to make you feel as comfortable and safe.

1 comment:

M said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, Pookey! Hope you are on the mend. xoxo