Friday, December 16, 2011

The Apple of My Eye

My little dog has quite the gourmet taste. She enjoys carrots, lettuce and broccoli. On occasion she will bark if I am cutting up an endive. It’s as though she is asking me to share the deliciousness with her. My whole family thinks she’s quirky but I think it is my influence on her. I always ate veggies around her as a pup and she seemed curious. So I shared.

The other day I was eating an apple when I walked to the bedroom. The bed needed a little straightening. So with my free hand, I did flattening of the bedspread and tucked in a sheet. All of a sudden I heard an immense crunch come from the hand holding the apple. I didn’t realize my little dog had followed me into the bedroom. When I stopped making the bed to castigate her, I couldn’t. She looked so cute chomping into the peel of the apple and chewing away. I continued to turn the apple for her while she finished it. At the end of her snack, she showed her satisfaction by belching.

I know I shouldn’t encourage her to eat snacks. As long as they are healthy for her, I don’t see the problem. The apple of my eye happens to like red delicious and granny smiths; and if her eating one keeps the vet away, then I am all for it.

1 comment:

M said...

This is a cute story. I love how sneaky she was, getting a bite of your apple. I agree that eating healthy snacks is ok, for people or dgos!