Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thumper

The other day I was in a great mood. I was singing holiday songs and getting into the spirit. Generally I was being silly. My husband made a comment about it and I said I was in a good mood because I had a wonderful wake up call that morning.

It was still dark in our bedroom. I ended up hearing one of the dogs licking at a wound so I propped myself up in bed. As soon as I did that, my dog stopped licking her wounds and immediately started to thump her tail on the floor. This is her way of showing how happy she is when we wake up.

So thump, thump, thump she went and then she proceeded to come closer. She gave me a kiss and I got out of bed to play with her. Whenever she is happy, she loves to cuddle and/or show me her belly or play kangaroo. We had a couple of good affectionate moments together and it put me in such a fantastic frame of mind. No matter what kind of sleep I have had the night prior, it always cheers me up to be greeted so happily in the morning. My dogs give new meaning to the saying “Good Morning, Sunshine!”

1 comment:

M said...

So sweet!! I'm glad you have those pooches to cheer you up and make it enjoyable to get out of bed in the morning.