Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mistaken Identity

Walking around my neighborhood is always pleasant. It’s a residential neighborhood with lots of little parks and cute shops. Taking a stroll is also fun because there are a number of dog owners. Lots of neighborhood dogs are markers in my daily routine.

There are a few I see every morning on my way to the subway. They give me paw or let me pet them. A couple of others greet me on the way home. It’s such a nice part of my day and often makes my day.

On one particular occasion, I was running an errand and I saw a fluffy, medium-sized dog turning the corner that I was approaching. It had such a lovely spring in its step that I said to myself ‘what a cute dog!’

As I continued to look at the dog, I realized it was my little Foxy. She was out and about on a walk and play date with a local dog and its master. It made me laugh to think that even after all these years I’m still think she’s so cute. That I even mistake her for a dog that’s not mine.

1 comment:

M said...

Awww, must be true love indeed!