Monday, June 21, 2010

Out, Out Damned Spot

My husband and I love to eat. I thoroughly enjoy cooking; it relaxes me completely. The creativity that comes with cooking is also something that fulfills me when I’m not being creative in other areas of my life. My husband also likes to cook and it can be a fun experience to eat what he’s concocted.

But we also love to eat out. I especially like to try different cuisines and restaurants. It is one of my favorite aspects of living in New York City – the sheer assortment of cultures and restaurants out there.

I think my husband likes to try new things too. I can often tell exactly how much he likes a restaurant by the number of spots he gets on his clothes. The more stains a shirt has, the more he has enjoyed his meal. If my husband doesn’t christen a shirt with a spot, the meal probably wasn’t that good. He most definitely will not recommend it to others. Plus, without the proof on his shirt or pants, what can he possibly show to convince them?

I try to keep my clothes in the best shape possible. But there is the occasional white shirt that gets christened with a yummy tomato sauce or an energizing coffee drink. It happens to all of us. Maybe instead of getting those spots out, we can make a collage of our best meals?

No comments: