Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cherchez La Femme (Francaise)

This entry has very little to do with the French language. It was mostly based on a thought I had earlier today.

One of my good friends, Jimmy, would always say that French girls acted a certain way. And for the most part I agreed with him. French girls do have a tendency to act in a way that makes the stereotype true. They pout, they complain, they are moody and sometimes need a lot of attention. I know this after spending time in France and having a number of French female students. However I got confirmation from Jimmy and we sometimes say this about a mutual friend who is a very French female, which makes sense because she’s French.

However, lately I’m starting to see this behavior a lot with American girls. I’m thinking of one person in particular and how they have been acting for the last two days. It’s driving me a little batty because the pouting, the negativity and the need for attention is not something I do. And it’s not something I tolerate too much outside of France either. So I thought I would write this for my friend, Jimmy. Jimmy…this isn’t appealing or attractive in women. You are right!

No comments: