Friday, April 16, 2010

Secret Service

Just in time for the deadline I went to my local bank branch to put money into my IRA account yesterday. Yes, I know…last minute. But honestly I needed to make sure what I was saving had moved to the proper account so I could make the transfer. I went into the bank and dealt with the representative. He asked me to input my social security number into the keypad while he looked away.

The act of him looking away, as if to not see what I was punching into the keypad, struck me as ridiculous. Come on, I know that the minute I hit enter on that keypad, my social security number appeared on the screen. Maybe it was hidden or partially covered but still it was odd to me. It reminded me of those people who cover their eyes during horror movies but still peek through their fingers to see what is happening.

Just thought I’d mention that…maybe someone else has noticed this stuff and it’s made them chuckle as well.

No comments: