Friday, November 6, 2009

Scandalous Headlines

“THEFT!! Sweaty, stinky new sports bra, only used once, stolen!”
It’s a headline you could see on any daily news paper. Or is it? Probably more fitting of some spin off of the National Enquirer. Regardless, it happened and that’s what we need to discuss.

My co-worker told me the other day how she had gone to the gym as part of her usual routine. The details of her workout are unimportant. What is pertinent is that after showering and changing and leaving the gym, she later realized that she had left her sports bra at the gym.

The next day she went to see if anyone had reported a missing sports bra. Sadly, and this really is sad, no one had turned it in. Someone had stolen a worn and used sports bra. Perhaps someone threw it out. Regardless, didn’t anyone think that someone would miss the stench-ridden, sporty, breast-confining exercise necessity?

After my recent postings at the gym, it’s a wonder that I continue to go. But could this be the last straw? Nah. Probably not, but I’m beginning to wonder if there isn’t some crazy stalker who took my co-worker’s sports bra out there. Hmmmm. Something to ponder. Something to ponder. I guess the bigger question is: what is this world coming to when even your stinky sports bras aren’t safe from theft?

No comments: