Friday, November 6, 2009

Out of Habit

The other day I went to get my teeth cleaned at the dentist. The usual 6 month check up. My teeth felt clean and wonderful and sparkling. I left the office rolling my tongue along my teeth and feeling the smooth surface of my pearly beiges (I just can't claim to have pearly whites and you'll shortly see why). It was great.

Prancing down the block to make it to another appointment, what should I see but STARBUCKS! My second home! I practically dove into the locale and purchased my caramel macchiato with glee. I chugged it down and let out a happy ‘ahhh!’ as if it were the first cup of coffee I’d had since the arabica been was found.

Instantaneously, I became upset because I realized that I had just had my teeth cleaned. Nice and white but only for a few seconds. Addictions are bad….remember that, my friends.

No comments: