Monday, November 9, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

#1

Almost every Friday I rush home to check my mail. Please, please!! Be there! YES!!! I sit down for a good 20 minutes and devour my Entertainment Weekly with a Cheshire cat smile on my face. Ahh! Such a great feeling.

I’m not entirely sure why I love this magazine so. Perhaps it’s the funny bits of information about celebrities and shows that reminds me of something I would write. Or perhaps it’s how it encapsulates all the important entertainment bits of the week in something only 100 pages long. I just don’t know. But be warned, you should never interrupt my weekly (except for those double issues randomly interspersed) reading.

A couple of years ago, I flipped my lid a bit and realized that my copy was coming every Monday instead of the Friday prior as it had usually arrived. I began to wonder if my mailman wasn’t stealing my copy every Friday and reading it and then returning it on Monday. I’m that obsessed!! I never got to the bottom of that mystery. However, truth be told, mess with my Entertainment Weekly and you mess with me!

No comments: