Monday, August 24, 2009

Bone Crunching

Falling asleep is sometimes a difficult thing for me to accomplish. Even though I do all the necessary things to help myself naturally fall asleep (except for the tv in the bedroom!! I can’t control that!), it can take a long time to get me snoring. I usually try to read a book to get me sleepy. But with a elephant footed upstairs neighbor, it’s hard to really concentrate.

What I found lately is that one of the best sounds to create soporific effects in me is the sound of my dogs chewing on their rawhide bones. Now, if any human actually chewed like that I would tell them to go back to their mothers and take a refresher course. They chew open-mouthed and full of glee. It’s really delightfully sleep inducing.

I also find the sound of them lapping at their water dish is quite relaxing as well. All of this proves that having a pet is really a very relaxing thing. :o)

1 comment: