Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Amazing Spiderman

As most of you know, I love New York. I was born and raised in the city that never sleeps. If I were ever to leave, I don’t think I could truly ever leave the Big Apple.

One of the reasons I love NY is that it keeps me on my toes. You always have to be hyper alert and aware of your surroundings. It’s definitely honed my observations skills. I see things in the smallest instant and it gets lasered into my brain almost instantaneously.

For instance last night I walked by a woman who looked like she was talking to a tree. My friends and I thought perhaps she just happened to be facing the tree and might have had a Bluetooth phone thingamajig but when we looked more closely, she was just talking to herself. Seeing this made me realize that even when I think NY is getting better, it’s really still a little crazy.

As if this observation hadn’t been enough to convince me of NY’s quintessential craziness, as we turned the corner we were met by a man sauntering down the street with a cat perched on his head. That pretty much cemented it for me. Ahhhhh how I love NY.

But nothing could beat my walk around Battery Park today. My co-worker and I decided to kick some energy back into our day by taking an invigorating walk around the tip of Manhattan. Who should I spy on my walk? None other than the Amazing Spiderman! And he was nice enough to wave at some tourists, too!

With daily occurrences like this, can you see why I am so enamored of this city?

ADDENDUM
Not sure how I forgot this but before we even were graced with Peter Parker's presence, we noticed a wild turkey lurking in a field of tulips. A wild turkey in the midst of Manhattan, now don't tell me that isn't cool?

No comments: