Sunday, April 12, 2009

Shuffleboard

As I’ve grown older many things have really grown to annoy me. I didn’t think I would become a curmudgeon like this but it’s happening. And as hard as I try to break this horrible pattern, it just keeps happening.

I used to have maybe two pet peeves for the longest time. One of my current annoyances is people who can’t seem to lift their feet when they walk. It irritates me like nothing else lately. I’d rather that you scratch your nails down a chalk board or even eat aluminum foil (mind you I’m cringing thinking about those two beautiful disturbances) than shuffle your feet. PICK THEM UP! What the heck is wrong with you that you can’t just lift them off the ground? Perhaps you have an anemic condition, check it out. Go to the doctor, eat some more spinach. But for the love of pretty flowers, just get it fixed! It is insanely irritating! It suggests to me that you have no energy and obviously no consideration for others to make this totally controllable noise stop!

I can understand that years ago, foot binding was common so some things I can understand. But now-a-days medicine is fantastic and podiatrists have all kinds of tricks up their sleeve. For the love of humanity, please do something about this!

I’ve also found that a certain type of shoe makes this more common than necessary. So to those of you that wear certain shoes I call ugglies….stop wearing them. You are driving a whole lot of people up a walk. It’s not just me. I can almost guarantee it.

1 comment:

M said...

You crack me up. And yes, those slow-walkers drive me crazy too.