Monday, January 5, 2009

A Few More of My Favorite Things

Something about this movie just makes me laugh every single time I’ve seen it. And I’ve seen it numerous times. It’s such a clever movie. It has action, romance, comedy, great acting and wonderful writing. It's hard to not repeat such lines as “Hello, My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”

As if that weren’t enough, the music makes me chuckle too. How can you not laugh when Wallace Shawn’s character Vizzini screams out that ‘The Cliffs of Insanity’ are ahead when the music all of a sudden becomes ominous and bleak.

I think that when this movie came out back in the 80s it might have been reviewed as silly. It has since become a cult classic and I can’t help but watch a little bit of it every time it is on.

1 comment:

M said...

Oh yes, it's a classic. I could watch it a million times (and probably have).