Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pins and Needles 4

The fourth installment of my acupuncture was back to being relaxing. I mentioned to my acupuncturist that I was having a lot of neck pain and headaches so she decided to take a different approach than before. Up until this point, the needles were concentrated on my back. This time around she places a number of needles into my scalp and at the base of my neck. I'm pretty sure I looked like that guy "Pinhead" (is that his name?) from that 'HellRaiser' series of horror movies.

Regardless of what I looked like, after it was done, I felt amazingly cured. Even as she was placing the needles in, I began to feel the change. The headache's strength slowly subsided and the neck tension went away. I began to feel my muscle let go like an overused rubber band. Once she removed the needles, she also did a scalp scratching. While she did this, I admit, I would have rather she stopped. However, after she was done, my scalp tingled as if I had rubbed a cool, refreshing York's Peppermint Patty all over my scalp. This was all done to increase circulation to the scalp. The acupuncturist said it would be good for me to do this whenever I felt these headaches. Now, what would it look like if I just started scraping my scalp whenever I was at work or surrounded by family? Pretty insane I think...but no one needs to know what I do in the privacy of my own apartment.

1 comment:

M said...

...except that now we WILL know what you're doing (or potentially doing) in the privacy of your own apartment! I am so amazed by this acupuncture stuff. I'm glad it's been so helpful for you.