Friday, April 5, 2013

Radio Killer

Lately in order to drown out the noise around me in the office, I’ve been listening to internet radio on my phone. The first two days it was great. I was hearing news and keeping up with current events. I was even feeling up-to-date with music. And it also really helped to quiet the incessant office noise.


I found a couple of really cool Italian and French radio stations as well as local ones that I started to listen to. However as of this week I think I’ve gotten too much of a good thing. No matter which American station I listen to, they play the same songs over and over to the point where you wonder if any other songs exist. And if you happen to not like the song, it’s becomes an earworm that plagues your dreams.

It’s also happened on the French stations I’ve been trying out. It’s not as incessant but it’s getting there. Maybe next week, I’ll try something else to drown out the office noise – perhaps I’ll bring in a jack hammer and start drilling around my desk.

Throughout this week, I kept thinking about that song in the 80s ‘Video Killed the Radio Star’. I’ve decided that the new version should be ‘Radio Killed the Song Star’.

No comments: