Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mr. Men and Little Miss


Back when I was a kid, there were a set of books called Mr. Men and Little Miss that I loved. Some of the characters in this line of books were “Little Miss Sunshine”, “Mr. Grumpy” and “Mr. Silly” to name a few.

I was reminded of these characters when someone at work referred to themselves as Mr. Bossy. It made me think about the actual character from those books whose name was “Little Miss Bossy”.  Of course some times my thoughts go all over the place and I began to think about what some of these characters might be called in a non-politically correct or even more modern manner. 

Would Little Miss Tidy or Little Miss Neat be considered Little Miss Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

Would Little Miss Scary be Little Miss Goth? Or Little Miss Contrary, would she be Little Miss Devil’s Advocate? Little Miss Messy might be Little Miss Hoarder now-a-days. Would Mr. Rude be the equivalent of Mr. Business Man? etc. 

It really does make you wonder. What would the adult versions of most of these books be?

Any ideas?

1 comment: