Friday, September 30, 2011

Hungry Heart

I’ve always loved music as evidenced in other entries. Today I had a blast from the past when I heard Bruce Springsteen’s 80’s song “Hungry Heart”. It reminded me of how crazy I was and still am over music.

I don’t exactly know how I came to love that song or who introduced it to me. But I know I had the vinyl 45 record of it. I would place the album on the record player, lower the needle and raise the volume. I was insanely obnoxious because and I played it over and over. The repetition was necessary so that I could learn all the words and sing it without the music. Not sure if I was trying to audition for the inception of what American Idol was going to become or what? I was obsessed with the song and with Bruce Springsteen.

I don’t know why my mom never kicked me in the derriere for the migraine I must have given her with loudness of the music. I don’t recall my sister telling me to knock it off with the ridiculous droning of the raspy voiced Jersey native. I chuckled when I heard the song today and yet I stilled remembered all the words. I sang along with the song as if I were still a young adult obsessed with the song. (Though my obsession with ‘The Boss’ has changed a lot over the years.)

I guess a little observation can tell you a lot about how a child will be as an adult after all.

No comments: