Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Return

Yesterday morning I awoke with a great throbbing pain in my back and a cramp in my ribs. It had returned. The pain I had felt for a number of weeks a few months ago decided to rear its head again. Fabulous! I had been having a slight twinge in my back for weeks but the rib crushing pain had decided it was time for an encore. What stank is that I wasn’t that thrilled with the concert in the first place.

I bounced out of bed and started doing all the exercises and stretches I had in my physical therapy arsenal. It felt better after the 45 minutes of exercise. But it left me feeling very defeated. Was I going to have to really deal with this for the rest of my life. And the worst part is that I had no idea what had brought it on, just as I never knew before. Could I really be forced to spend the rest of my life doing 45 minutes of stretches every morning and another 30 or so at night before bed?

I guess this is what happens as you get older. Your body does whatever the hell it wants without consulting you. I’ll figure something out eventually with this pain. The detective work begins.

1 comment:

M said...

It is indeed a mystery! So sorry the strong pain came back. I hope your sleuthing will uncover the cause.