Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Spies Like Us

While having a conversation with my friend the other day, we realized we have a penchant for spy novels, movies and televisions shows. The world of espionage intrigues us immensely. I was obsessed with the television show ‘Alias’ while it was on. I wanted to be a spy like Sydney Bristow – feminine, smart and kick-ass!

This television season there are a bunch of spy shows that I’m watching – ‘Nikita’ and ‘Undercovers’ to name a few. What intrigues me most about spies is their double lives. How can they keep the daily lives they are leading straight? I can barely walk into the kitchen without forgetting why I went there in the first place. Spies have to keep all their personality traits and stories in order so they aren’t found out! I hardly remember what my name is on most days.

I suppose I’m interested in spies because I want to see them mess up! I want to see them get caught. Or maybe I just think it’s cool to travel the world and know government secrets. Regardless, espionage is a guilty pleasure of mine.

No comments: