Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Disappearing Acts

Every so often some of my friends disappear off the radar screen in my life. It’s not always a mutual decision; it just happens. For some people this could be upsetting or off-putting but for me, it is ok. I am used to it.

One of my friends is pretty high up on the corporate food chain and is also a bit of a social misfit so I know that there will be radio silence. There is an understood agreement between us.

I’m not so great about being on top of my friends. I just think people are busy and I get busy too. It’s not as though I don’t think about them but sometimes work and life happen and I forget what is important.

A couple of recent events have made me realize it’s is important to stay in touch with friends. They do enrich your life and my friends always make me laugh. Work is always going to be there but friends may not be. It’s important to embrace them while they are around.

No comments: