Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Throwing in the Towel

I’m seriously beginning to wonder why I bother to go the gym at all. In the last few weeks, I’ve noticed that the towels that are distributed at the gym are just smaller than they used to be. As I sweat a waterfall and prepare to take a shower, I wrap a towel around my waist. I should say I attempt to wrap a towel around my waist. Where is the towel? Why is it so small? Have they begun to give out hand towels instead of bath towels?

I can barely stick one end of the towel into the other to cover myself. I have to walk around holding the towel so I wonder what the heck the point is. And then I realized that this might be the club’s way of getting people to feel more confident of walking in the nude. Could it be? I don’t think so. I just think that there is some kind of conspiracy going on. Or, I’m gaining weight instead of losing it. Even Fat Bastard had a towel that covered him. I might have to reconsider my trips to the gym….

1 comment:

M said...

I've noticed the same thing with hotel towels. Incredibly small. I say, just bring your own.