Thursday, June 11, 2009

Alphabet Soup

Recently I got an email at work that was signed by the sender and attached to his name were a bunch of letters. Now if I didn’t know any better, I’d think this guy had his pet cat walk on the keyboard when he wasn’t looking. Luckily I knew what these letter combinations meant since they are used on a regular basis in the daily business jargon with which I work.

But what if I didn’t know what they meant? What would I surmise by looking at AVP, MBA, PMP after someone’s name. Absolutely Valuable Person, Mighty Big Airhead, Please Meet Pat?? I mean, really? What does this combination of letters really mean to me, regardless of whether I am familiar with the acronyms or not? It means you are a pompous self-absorbed jerk.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

M said...

I couldn't agree more!! I think it's so annoying when people list all those accredidations and certifications after their names at work.