Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lack of Concentration

Lack of Concentration
I know what I have to do
It’s been a burden for so long
Need to wrap up the past
In order to proceed into my future
But it’s so hard to think
And focus
When I keep thinking
You are somewhere
Drinking in order to forget
Your problems
To send reality into oblivion.
To drown your emotions.
Emotions that maybe I’ve created.
I am not sure since you
Won’t communicate.
I’m trying to be selfish
Like you
To think of only myself
And get this albatross off my back.
Sadly, I’m not made that way.
I give my all to everyone
Who means something to me,
Whom I love.
Why do I bother?
You don’t care
So I can’t care about you
I have to keep working
Writing about how I feel
About the thoughts spinning
Uncontrollably
Off the hamster wheel of my brain.

No comments: