Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hole-y Moley

Social graces elude me on a consistent basis. I've walked around with two completely different shoes on around the office a couple of times. I've forgotten my regular bra and had to wear my sport bra under my work clothes a few time. Mismatching socks are good and trustworthy friends. I've even left the house with a jacket that still had the security tag on it from the store.

Scatterbrained ---maybe?

But what happened when as I'm tucking my shirt into my pants in the bathroom at work today I notice a big hole in my pants right on my rear end? Well, I tried to tuck the shirt in and it just seemed obvious as the white shirt poked out of a space on my grey pants. So I decided to not tuck in the shirt, but the occasional reflection of my bright fushia underwear made its appearance on the white shirt. So, I got out my jacket. And that covered it to a point. The bottom of the jacket hit just below the hole. But that meant, I had to consistently verify that the jacket was covering the hole.

That was ok but I realized that as I sat down,the pants gave way a bit and the hole showed whenever I got up. Cinch it to the rescue! I pulled in as much of the pant as I could into the belt I was wearing. And then I collected all the extra material like a group of clothing petals that formed over my belt.

My tactics worked, luckily. Stylish, I was not! But I was successful at keeping others from noticing my holey pants!

1 comment:

M said...

ha ha ha! way to be resourceful!