Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Whatever Happened to…

Lemony Snicket?

I know that it’s silly to miss an author who isn’t entirely real. But I do. A couple of years ago I waited and waited until a new Series of Unfortunate Events book would come out. Once they did, I would devour it! Each of the books in the series was a fun and fast read that got me more and more involved in the lives of Baudelaire children and their escapades and adventures in keeping away from Count Olaf.

Darn it, I just want to anticipate and wait for a series of books like that again. I even miss the Harry Potter series! I suppose what I miss is the excitement of waiting for a new book to come out but…that’s not it. I enjoy the No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series but I often wait until I’ve finished the book I am currently reading in order to start those. When the Lemony Snicket or Harry Potter books came out, I’d put down everything!! Everything!! To read them!

I want to feel that way about books again - that insane need to have the book in my clutches as soon as possible. Any suggestions on a series of books that would make me feel that way again?

No comments: